Just have look at the records held by Sachin Tendulkar. No wonder whyBritish Prime Minister is suggesting him for the honour ofSir.........
1. Highest Run scorer in the Test Cricket
2. First Cricketer to pass 12000 run in the Test Cricket
Records Held by Sachin Tendulkar
1. Highest Run scorer in the ODI
2. Most number of hundreds in the ODI 41
3. Most number of nineties in the ODI
4. Most number of man of the matches(56) in the ODI's
5. Most number of man of the series(14) in ODI's
6. Best average for man of the matches in ODI's
7. First Cricketer to pass 10000 run in the ODI
8. First Cricketer to pass 15000 run in the ODI
9. He is the highest run scorer in the world cup (1,796 at anaverageof 59.87 as on 20March 2007)
10. Most number of the man of the matches in the world cup
11. Most number of runs 1996 world cup 523 runs in the 1996Cricket
12. Most number of runs in the 2003 world cup 673 runs in 2003Cricket World Cup, highest by any player in a single Cricket World Cup
13. He was Player of the World Cup Tournament in the 2003CricketWorld Cup
14. Most number of Fifties in ODI's 87
15. Appeared in Most Number of ODI's 407
16. He is the only player to be in top 10 ICC ranking for 10
17. Most number of 100's in test's 38
18. He is one of the three batsmen to surpass 11,000 runs inTestcricket
19. He is thus far the only cricketer to receive the RajivGandhiKhel Ratna, India's highest sporting honor
20. In 2003, Wisden rated Tendulkar as d No. 1 and Richards atNo. 2in all time Greatest ODI player
21. In 2002, Wisden rated him as the second greatest Testbatsmanafter Sir Donald Bradman.
22. he was involved in unbroken 664-run partnership in a HarrisShield game in 1988 with friend and team mate Vinod Kambli,
23. Tendulkar is the only player to score a century in allthree ofhis Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Trophy debuts .
24. In 1992, at the age of 19, Tendulkar became the firstoverseasborn player to represent Yorkshire
25. Tendulkar has been granted the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna,ArjunaAward and Padma Shri by Indian government. He is the only Indiancricketerto get all of them.
26. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 runs in a calendar year inODI's 7times
27. Tendulkar has scored 1894 runs in calendar year in ODI'smost byany batsman
28. He is the highest earning cricketer in the world
29. He has the least percentage of the man of the matchesawards wonwhen team looses a match.. Out of his 56 man of the match awards only5times India has lost.
30. Tendulkar most number man of match awards(10) againstAustralia
31. In August of 2003, Sachin Tendulkar was voted as the'GreatestSportsman' of the country in the sport personalities category in theBest ofIndia poll conducted by Zee News.
32. In November 2006, Time magazine named Tendulkar as one oftheAsian Heroes.
33. In December 2006, he was named 'Sports person of the Year
34. The current India Poised campaign run by The Times of Indiahasnominated him as the Face of New India
35. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 50centuries in international cricket
36. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 75centuries in international cricket:79 centuries
37. Has the most overall runs in cricket,(ODIs+Tests+Twenty20s), asof 30 June 2007 he had accumulated almost 26,000 runs overall.
38. Is second on the most number of runs in test cricket justafterBrian Lara
39. Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly hold the world recordforthe maximum number of runs scored by the opening partnership. Theyhave puttogether 6,271 runs in 128 matches.
40. The 20 century partnerships for opening pair with SouravGangulyis a world record
41. Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid hold the world record forthehighest partnership in ODI matches when they scored 331 runs againstNewZealand in 1999
42. Sachin Tendulkar has been involved in six 200 runpartnerships inODI matches - a record that he shares with Sourav Ganguly and RahulDravid
43. Most Centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries in 1998
44. Only player to have over 100 innings of 50+ runs (41Centuriesand 87 Fifties)(as of 18th Nov, 2007)
45. The only player ever to cross the 13,000-14,000 and 15,000runmarks IN ODI.
46. Highest individual score among Indian batsmen (186* againstNewZealand at Hyderabad in 1999).
47. The score of 186* is listed the fifth highest scorerecorded inODI matches
48. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 ODI runs against all majorCricketing nations.
49. Sachin was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking 259inningsand has the highest batting average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODIruns.
50. Most number of Stadium Appearances: 90 different Grounds
51. Consecutive ODI Appearances: 185
52. On his debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the second youngestdebutantin the world
53. When Tendulkar scored his maiden century in 1990, he wasthesecond youngest to score a century
54. Tendulkar's record of five test centuries before he turned20 isa current world record
55. Tendulkar holds the current record (217 against NZ in1999/00Season) for the highest score in Test cricket by an Indian whencaptainingthe side
56. Tendulkar has scored centuries against all test playingnations. He was the third batman to achieve the distinction afterSteveWaugh and Gary Kirsten
57. Tendulkar has 4 seasons in test cricket with 1000 or moreruns -2002 (1392 runs), 1999 (1088 runs), 2001 (1003 runs) and 1997 (1000runs). Gavaskar is the only other Indian with fourseasons of1000+ runs
58. He is second most number of seasons with over 1000 runs inworld.
59. On 3 January 2007 Sachin Tendulkar (5751) edged past BrianLara's(5736) world record of runs scored in Tests away from home
60. Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000runs inTest cricket history. Both of them achieved this in 195 innings
61. Second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make over 10,000 runsinTest matches
62. Became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run markandthe third International player behind Allan Border and Brian Lara.
63. Tendulkar is fourth on the list of players with most Testcaps.Steve Waugh (168 Tests), Allan Border (158 Tests), Shane Warne (145Tests)have appeared in more games than Tendulkar
64. Tendulkar has played the most number of Test Matches(144)forIndia (Kapil Dev is second with 131 Test appearances).
65. First to 25,000 international runs
66. Tendulkar's 25,016 runs in international cricket include14,537runs in ODI's, 10,469 Tests runs and 10 runs in the lone Twenty20 thatIndiahas played.
67. On December 10, 2005, Tendulkar made his 35th century inTests atDelhi against Sri Lanka. He surpassed Sunil Gavaskar's record of 34centuries to become the man with the most number ofhundreds in Test cricket.
68. Tendulkar is the only player who has 150 wkts and more than15000runs in ODI
69. Tendulkar is the only player who has 40 wkts and more than11000runs in Tests
70. Only batsman to have 100 hundreds in the first classcricket