Did you know that for every ton of paper that is recycled:
- Seventeen pine trees are saved. Trees sequester carbon.
- Three square meters of landfill space is saved. This reduces cost to municipalities because transport costs are reduced. This also frees up space at landfill sites.
- A substantial amount of energy is saved. Energy saved from paper recycling per annum is enough to provide electricity to 512 homes for a year.
- Forty percent less energy is requied to manufacture paper from recovered paper. Recycled fibre reduces air emissions in paper making by 70%
- THERE is a reduction of coal-based emissions of one ton of carbon dioxide.
- There is a reduction of electricty-based emissions of 1,8 tons of carbon dioxide.
So do your part and recycle, the power is in your hands :)